2 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
1 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped (divided)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
16 ounces cool whip (divided)
2 (3.4 ounce) boxes vanilla or cheesecake flavored instant pudding
2 cups milk
42 ounces cherry pie filling
- In a mixing bowl combine vanilla wafer crumbs, melted butter and 1 cup chopped pecans. Spread into the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- In another mixing bowl combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 1/2 cups of cool whip until well blended. Spread carefully over the cooled vanilla wafer crust.
- In another bowl combine the pudding mixes and milk until well blended. Then fold in 1 1/2 cups cool whip. Mix until smooth and spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Top with the cherry pie filling. Then spread the remaining cool whip over the top. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of pecans on top.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Original Recipes: Layered Cherry Cheesecake @ sixsistersstuff.com