1 McCormick® Grill Mates® 7 Spice Teriyaki Single Use Marinade
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
4-6 flour tortillas taco-sized
2 cups shredded Montery Jack Cheese
1 1/4 cups cooked rice
1 Recipe Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa
Pineapple Lime Crema
5.3 oz pineapple yogurt
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon lime juice (or more to taste)
- Chicken Marinade: Reserve 1/4 cup Teriyaki Marinade for after grilling. Pound chicken to an even thickness and poke several times on each side with a fork. Add chicken to a large freezer bag or shallow dish and add remaining Teriyaki Marinade; toss to evenly coat chicken. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa: Meanwhile prepare Salsa according to directions. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Pineapple Lime Crema: Meanwhile, whisk all of the Pineapple Lime Crema ingredients together in a small bowl. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Chicken Grilling Directions: If chicken has been refrigerated, let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes (time permitting). Meanwhile, grease and preheat grill to medium heat, 375-450°F.
- Grill chicken undisturbed for for 6-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 155 degrees F.) Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Chicken Stovetop Directions: If chicken has been refrigerated, let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes (time permitting).
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, add chicken and cook, undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely browned (or blackened if you prefer) on one side. Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 5-7 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and let rest 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Assemble: Toss chicken strips in reserved 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce until evenly coated. Divide rice evenly among tortillas followed by cheese. Melt cheese on rice in the microwave or stovetop then top with Teriyaki Chicken followed by Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa. Drizzle with Pineapple Lime Crema.
Total Prep time does not include marinating the chicken as this will vary upon individual but does include preparing the salsa and tacos.
Total cooking time includes grilling the Salsa and Chicken separately and will require less time if your grill is large enough to grill everything at once.
Original Recipes: Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa @ carlsbadcravings.com