Cabbage Rolls Casserole Recipe


Growing up cabbage rolls was something my Grandma and my mom both made quite often.

YIELD: 8 SERVINGS

INGREDIENTS:

1 lb . lean ground pork or beef
1 large onion , diced
3 cloves garlic , crushed
1 cup tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 large can (28oz) diced tomatoes
1 large head of cabbage
2 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
1 tablespoon olive oil

OPTIONAL TOPPING
2 cups gruyere or monterey jack cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup milk

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Brown beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat. Stir in tomatoes (including juice), tomato paste, seasoning and tomato sauce. Simmer uncovered about 10 minutes until thickened.
  2. Visit Cabbage Rolls Casserole @ spendwithpennies.com for full directions.

1 Response to "Cabbage Rolls Casserole Recipe"

  1. I think this looks awesome! I'm not that handy at rolling. I love these flavors. I'm going to try it this month. I'll give you some feedback on the results. Happy cooking & thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel